6 oktober 2011

I sewed a skirt and I liked it

For some reason there are a lot of Belgian sewing blogs. I like to read their posts for several reasons. First because they exhibit their fine sewing skills of course, but I like their language just as much. Flemish and Dutch are very much alike, but yet so very different. Everytime I read one of their blogs I reconsider writing in Dutch. It's difficult to be funny or profound if it's not your mother tongue you're communicating in. But then again, I love the fact that people all over the world can understand this, when it's in English. Anyway, a few weeks ago I discovered emma en mona, and I'm a huge fan since. These pretty skirts this mother is making for her twin daughters seemed doable for me too. So here it is,  approved by Lauren, so there will be following some more! I've noticed that a lot of you don't like the color purple. I, on the other hand, love it. This fabric is actually lilac with red and burgundy. 

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Ik vind de stof erg mooi, rokje is ook heel mooi geworden! Vind ik knap!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I also like the title that you gave to this post :)
    I 've tried to write in english but it doesn't work for me. I like to express myself straight from the heart and that is never the same in a foreign language. I also don't have the time to translate everything, that's why I've put a translation box on my blog. I think when people are really interested, they try to read it, anyway.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. ik wil ook zelf rokjes kunnen maken..... (en niet voor de dochter die ik niet heb, maar voor mezelf!!!!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for stopping by. You make my day by leaving a comment.